For Grades 2-5
Mondays 2:45pm-3:45pm (Room 30)
Over several weeks in chorus, kids will:
- Explore music from different genres
- Study the songs and learn more about the genre they represent
- Analyze the meter, tonality, arrangement, and articulations while looking into a diverse set of songs
- Play music games, use musical props, and use body movement to explore rhythm
- Work together to blend our voices as one and create harmony
Classes will be taught by Sean Mendelson, a professional musician and children’s musical development advocate. He has been a Bay Area Music Together teacher for 14 years.
Classes are on Monday afternoons from 2:45 to 3:45 pm with a concert on May 7, 2018 @6:30pm.
Fee: $165 (for an 11-week session)
Location: Room 30
2/5, 2/12, 2/26, 3 /5, 3/12, 3/19, 3/26, 4/2, 4/23, 4/30, 5/7*
*Last class on 5/7 will be in Multi 2:45-4:00
Performance on 5/7/18 at 6:30 pm
Minimum enrollment: 12 students
Maximum enrollment: 24 students
Registration opens January 16, 2018
Please download the registration form and return with attached check to the PTA Nook in the office.
Partial scholarship reimbursement assistance through the Cherry Chase PTA is available to those who qualify. Please contact the school office for details.
Questions? Please email Diana Kunze at firstname.lastname@example.org